Re: [teacherartexchange] Technology question

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2010 - 09:29:34 PDT

The digital cameras that I have used make very nice video, but they time-out after about 8 minutes. They work very well for short things. You can restart the camera for another 8 minutes, if needed.

To solve the problem of inattention, I find that demos are seldom as good as small hands-on mini-learning rituals. Every student actively does small sample processes that will be needed in the their upcoming self-planned creative project. These hands-on learning rituals are a great way to begin class. In the example of four stitches, could one stitch would be practiced at the beginning of class in the previous sessions while they are still working on other projects? Would this give their minds time to come up with original ideas by the time the project is started? Could each student keep their practice stitches so they have these as reference as they work?

"Tell me and I forget. Show me and my mind wonders. Have me do it and I can't not pay attention. I remember it."

Marvin
bartelart.com