Re:[teacherartexchange] Update ArtEdOnline

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2010 - 07:58:40 PDT

 Greetings Art Educators!

Thanks to all of you who in the Art Education Getty List and the Yahoo Group
List who have signed up as a Charter Member of ArtEdOnline. There are
approximately 250 people who have signed up between the two lists. I am
thrilled at such a show of support.

For those who missed the announcement, ArtEdOnline is a blog/web site I am
creating for all art educators: K-12 art teachers, elementary classroom
teachers who teach art, Higher Ed Art Educators who teach undergraduate and
graduate level pre-service and inservice art educators and the entire Art
Education community.

I am in the process of creating this web site and Charter Members will receive
an invitation to preview the site before it officially launches. Also, I will
invite you to share your opinions and ideas about what you would like to see on
the site. It will be your chance to shape the site over the years. In
addition, you will receive a ton of free stuff. I will consider you to be the
backbone and go to list of people I can get valuable feedback to make this site
a site that has something for everyone in the Art Education community.

The deadline for Charter Membership is tonight, Sunday, July 25 by midnight.
Please get your requests submitted to me by tonight. Send me your request via
your own private email where you want me to contact you. Include a brief
discription of your and your professional work. Include anything you are
comfortable in sharing about who you are. Send your request to my email at:
gregory.diane55@yahoo.com

I will not be extending the deadline further. I have already extended it twice
to include as many art teachers as possible.

Just to recap, the features of ArtEdOnline will be:

1. A Blog site that has my thoughts on various Art Education topics such as:
Social Justice, Art Learning Technologies, Online Learning, DBAE, Visual
Culture, Interdisciplinary Art Approaches, Choice-Based Art Education, etc.

2. A threaded discussion so that readers can interact with each other about my
blog posts or other topics.

3. Content such as K-12 art lesson plans, art activities, handouts, learning
guides, review of art and art education books, art history, art studio,
aesthetics, art criticism, contemporary artists.

4. Featured Art Educators that submit information about themselves and their
programs and student work.

5. A Newsletter with additional information beyond that which is available
beyond the blog...an extension of the blog, if you will.

6. Free and low cost eBooks in PDF format that can be downloaded about various
art and art education topics.

7. Free and low cost asynchronous online workshops about various topics

8. A section that reviews and discusses various articles in popular and
important art education magazines and journals including: Art Education,
Studies in Art Education, School Arts, Arts and Activities, etc.

9. Information about how to set up your own WordPress blog to advocate for your
own art program and how to use PayPal to collect donations for your art program.

10. Information about how to send out press releases about your art program and
your own work.

These are only some of the features of the site once it is fully functional. Of
course, some of these features will be phased in over time.

I look forward to your request to become a Charter Member of ArtEdOnline. The
deadline again is July 25, 2010 by midnight. Just email me your request with
your brief professional biography at gregory.diane55@yahoo.com.