[teacherartexchange] ArtEducationOnline Charter Membership

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 12:28:06 PDT

Greetings Art Educators!

Just in case you missed my original announcement about ArtEdOnline, I am posting
it to the Getty List
again (see below). The response has been tremendous. Currently, there are over
160 Charter Members and would love to have
more art teachers sign up. My goal is to reach 500 Charter Members. So, I am
extending this offer to Sunday, July 25th by midnight CST. So

send me an email at gregory.diane55@yahoo.com and let me know you want to be
added to the list! My goal is to have 500 Charter Members by July 25th! Help
make my dream come true. Pass this on to other art teachers!

Announcement

Please allow me to share some exciting news. My long term dream of launching an

Art Education blog/website is coming true. I am so excited about it that I can
hardly sit still. Please consider joining ArtEdOnline as a Charter Member.

As a Charter member you will be receive an email notification to a pre-screening

of ArtEdOnline before the Grand Opening. All I ask is your constructive
feedback, ideas and spreading the word about ArtEdOnline to other art teachers.

In exchange, I will provide you a ton of free resources over the years that I
hope will help you teach art.

Some of the features of ArtEdOnline will include:

1. A Blog site that has my thoughts on various Art Education topics such as:
Social Justice, Art Learning Technologies, Online Learning, DBAE, Visual
Culture, Interdisciplinary Art Approaches, Choice-Based Art Education, etc.

2. A threaded discussion so that readers can interact with each other about
my blog posts or other topics.

3. Content such as K-12 art lesson plans, art activities, handouts, learning
guides, review of art and art education books, art history, art studio,
aesthetics, art criticism, contemporary artists, etc.

4. Featured Art Educators that submit information about themselves and their
programs and student work.

5. A Newsletter with additional information beyond that which is available
beyond the blog...an extension of the blog, if you will.

6. Free and low cost eBooks in PDF format about various art and art education

topics.

7. Free and low cost Online Workshops about various art education topics.

8. A section that reviews and discusses various articles in popular and
important art education magazines and journals including: Art Education,
Studies in Art Education, School Arts, Arts and Activities, etc.

9. Information about how to set up your own WordPress blog to advocate for
your own art program and how to use PayPal to collect donations for your art
program.

10. Information about how to send out press releases about your art program
and your own work.

These are only some of the features of the site once it is fully functional.
Of course, some of these features will be phased in over time. Also, as I
interact with readers, no doubt I will phase in features I can not even imagine
at this time.

Please consider joining ArtEdOnline as a Charter Member. Send me your personal
email by Sunday, July 25th by midnight CST to:

gregory.diane55@yahoo.com

and I will add you as a Charter Member. Please include your first and last name

in the body of the message and your request to become a Charter Member of
ArtEdOnline. Feel free to share with me a short biography of yourself and the
reasons you are interested in becoming a Charter Member.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Warmly,

Diane

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams--Live the Life You've Imagined!
Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Associate Professor of Art Education
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies in Art Education
dgregory@mail.twu.edu