Re: [teacherartexchange] Is your school teaching creativity?

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 07:07:29 PDT

Can the article be read on line? I believe the findings. I used to teach at the elementary level. Now at the high school, the students are so afraid to try to come up with anything new or out of the box. They want a step by step way to do things.

Case in point. I ran into one of my elementary students one day at the high school, and said "Hi Matthew, when will you come and take art with me? " he said "Oh Mrs. Bennett, I am not very good at art" I said
" Matthew you were always very creative when you were young" He replied back "Well Mrs. Bennett they stole my imagination!" I assume they meant school?