[teacherartexchange] summer read esp for NBCT prep

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 03:56:48 PDT

Linda Nathan's 'The Hardest Questions Aren't on the Test: Lessons from
an innovative urban school' is written in with both professionalism and
a very intimate look into how she responds, reflects and feels
personally as she works as the principal of an arts high school. I
really recommend it, particularly if you are interested in National
Board Certification. It reminds me of much of the writing and
reflecting we did. I know some general teacher book clubs are using
this book, but I just wanted to make sure you guys know it is really
firmly situated in art education, and I think art educators stand to
gain as much as anyone from this worthwhile read.
Beth (NBCT EAYA 03)