[teacherartexchange] ArtEdOnline Charter List

---------

From: Diane Gregory (gregory.diane55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2010 - 10:05:42 PDT

Greetings Art Teachers!

I have embarked on a new venture. I am so excited about it I can barely sit
still. I want to share it with you.

I am in the process of creating a WordPress blog/website called ArtEdOnline and
I am inviting you to send me an email at: gregory.diane55@yahoo.com so I can
put you on the list of people I will notify the minute the site goes live. I
currently have 16 people on my list and the first 100 people on this list will
receive a free eNewsletter and extra bonuses as time goes by. If you are
included in this list, I will consider you a Charter Member.

If you want to be put on this list, just email me at gregory.diane55@yahoo.com.

Some of the features of ArtEdOnline will include:

1. A Blog site that has my thoughts on various Art Education topics such as:
Social Justice, Art Learning Technologies, Online Learning, DBAE, Visual
Culture, Interdisciplinary Art Approaches, Choice-Based Art Education, etc.

2. A threaded discussion so that readers can interact with each other about my
blog posts or other topics.

3. Content such as lesson plans, art activities, handouts, learning guides,
review of art and art education books, art history, art studio, aesthetics, art
criticism, contemporary artists.

4. Featured Art Educators that submit information about themselves and their
programs and student work.

5. A Newsletter with additional information beyond that which is available
beyond the blog...an extension of the blog, if you will.

6. Free and low cost eBooks in PDF format that can be downloaded about various
art and art education topics.

7. Free and low cost asynchronous online workshops about various topics

8. A section that reviews and discusses various articles in popular and
important art education magazines and journals including: Art Education,
Studies in Art Education, School Arts, Arts and Activities, etc.

9. Information about how to set up your own WordPress blog to advocate for your
own art program and how to use PayPal to collect donations for your art program.

10. Information about how to send out press releases about your art program and
your own work.

These are only some of the features of the site once it is fully functional. Of
course, some of these features will be phased in over time.

This has been a dream of mine for over 10 years and I have decided to go for
it. Please consider adding your name to the Charted Member List for
ArtEdOnline.

Also, please forward this information on to your art teacher friends and
colleagues or anyone who might be interested such as elementary classroom
teachers, home schoolers, museum educators, community based art programs,
university art educators, and pre-service art teachers.

Thanks for letting me share my dream with you. I look forward to hearing from
you.

Diane
gregory.diane55@yahoo.com

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams--Live the Life You've Imagined!
Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Associate Professor of Art Education
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate Studies in Art Education
dgregory@mail.twu.edu