Re: [teacherartexchange] New Mexico IB Training

---------

From: Jean King (kingjean_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2010 - 17:46:17 PDT

Woody knows this area like the back of his hand. He was a great help when I went there in 2007.

I spent the better part of a summer in the area and a bit further to the Southwest and North of Santa Fe. You have a real treat in store!

I recommend the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. Spending an evening on the plaza in Santa Fe listening to music and people watching is great fun. I like Sandia Crest and TinkerTown. If you like naive art, Tinker Town will knock your socks off. There is so much in the Santa Fe area it's hard to limit myself.

If you get a chance sign up for the tour of O'Keeffe's home in Abiquiui and then cruise a little further down the same road to Ghost Ranch. They have a landscape tour at Ghost Ranch that will take you out by O'Keeffe's house there.

I'm going to think about it all some more tonight and I'll make a list for you if you want. You are going to have a wonderful time!

Jean King in Houston, Texas