Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] To crop or not to crop ?

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2010 - 17:42:16 PDT

To crop or not to crop ?
I just finished a full sheet watercolor of a close up view of
cactus blossoms. My question is - would it look better if the
composition were cropped as shown in the second view ?

Full sheet painting:

Cropped version:

If it is cropped, when matted it would fit a standard 28 x 22 inch
But, most important - which way works best ?
                                        Thank You, Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

Join me as a friend on facebook:

Read My 2010 July Blog: