Re: [teacherartexchange] New Mexico IB Training

---------

mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jul 06 2010 - 17:02:39 PDT

Santa Fe is certainly a must. The area around the plaza, Canyon Road, the museums...you could spend days and days there. Don't miss Truchas, Taos (Woody will certainly chime in here), Chimayo, and the Shidoni Foundry. When I taught HS art on an AZ reservation, I used to take my students to Santa Fe every year. My Navajo colleague/co-chaperon was a graduate of IAIA and knew a lot of local artists; he was able to get us into the private studios of Alan Houser, Dan Naminga, Roxanne Swentzell, and Craig Dan Goseyun. Boy, those were the days!

Maggie