Re: [teacherartexchange] book recommendation

---------

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2010 - 15:43:14 PDT

I love Art For Dummies by Thomas Hoving. Brilliant and very entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone

I have been looking for a good art history book for junior high and high school. My curriculum spans world history, beginning with ancient history with my grade 7s and moving into contemporary art by grades 11 and 12. I have numerous history books that I use for reference but have been trying to find either a series or a few books that would be engaging and hold the students' attention when reading. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Many thanks,
Mindy in Nova Scotia, Canada