Re: [teacherartexchange] book recommendation - ArtTalk - now online

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2010 - 14:38:43 PDT

Greetings Diane and Mindy,

ArtTalk is now available online. I had to enter my state to get to the
selections so don't know if this link will work for you:
http://www.glencoe.com/sites/ohio/teacher/art/index.html
Glencoe now suggests Art Talk for high school - although it had been a
middle school/junior high text for years.

Here is a link to their catalog:
http://glencoe.com/catalog/index.php/catalog?c=1658&v=
Of the three listed for Middle School, Understanding Art probably has
the most art history (a survey course for middle school students).

For high school, Art in Focus has more of an art history approach:
http://www.glencoe.com/catalog/index.php/program?c=1658&s=21757&p=3685

ArtTalk does have some art history, but that is not the main focus of
the book. Glance at Table of Contents for each book to help you decide
which books to preview.

For any book, request a preview copy first. Generally this needs to be
done on school letter head and signed by someone of authority. I
usually just bought my own preview copies as I did my reviews in the
summer.

Regards,

Judy Decker