Re: [teacherartexchange] WSJ Article

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2010 - 07:37:24 PDT

Well, first, I think I would have to say that I see no more
divisiveness among art teachers than any other teachers, having been
both. I just think we all have a position (or perspective) on all
sorts of things, and that's normal and healthy.
Personally, I love what you said Woody, about teaching students to be
open-minded and accepting. Word for word I agree with you. But I
also like Barb's ideas about art and what should be required of the
students, and I don't see them as mutually exclusive, unless I have
misunderstood Barb.
I'm assuming also that "indoctrinating" the students with your
leftist views was humor, based on the belief that everyone should be
open-minded and accepting.
Gayle