[teacherartexchange] new teacher

---------

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 04:52:18 PDT

Hi,

Along with the Harry Wong publication, I would also suggest Discpline Without Stress - Dr. Marvin Marshall. Great resource for management of your room. I have used it for 4 years and have gotten most of my students to remember my saying...."Level C is Where You Want To Be!"

In my view - teaching procedures just makes life so much easier. I make a powerpoint for each grade level ( I teach grades 6,7 and 9) with some minor modifications...essentially my procedures remain the same for all levels.

I also post procedures on my website...and have them in my room. Hope this information is useful for you!

Donnalyn in NY