[teacherartexchange] travel, virtualtravel, and a new site photowalk

---------

From: Diane Beilby (dibeilby_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 11:04:03 PDT

I really have enjoyed looking at the work from artists in the
virtualpaintout posted by Maggie

http://virtualpaintout.blogspot.com
I haven't traveled far this summer so I enjoy this virtual way of traveling
Thank you Maggie

And all the talk about teachers in other countries is so interesting. I
admire you all for getting out in the world. I have participated in two
teacher travel programs. One funded by the Freeman foundation took me to
China and another trip last year took me to China and Japan. These
experiences have influenced my teaching more than any other. I am hoping to
travel somewhere outside of the US next year. I most likely will have to
pay my way so I have also looked into summer teaching assignments. I met
many individuals who were teaching English in China.

Another web site I want to share
http://worldwidephotowalk.com/listing-of-all-photo-walks/

a list of cities throughout the world where photographers united to walk and
take pictures together on July 18

Wondering if any of you also participated.

My photos are located in Eureka Springs AR and Ft Smith AR
Diane