[teacherartexchange] Classroom Management/Start of the Year Question!!! Ahhh- HELP!

---------

From: Emmy Wood (naturehappens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 24 2009 - 11:10:42 PDT

Hi everyone,
I have been spending my summer applying for jobs, and now I FINALLY got one!! I am going to be teaching pre-K through 8th grade art and technology in a Catholic school- while the age range is huge (3-13), what worries me most is how to step in and start up MY classroom- the previous teacher was there for 14 years, so all the kids- the older ones especially, were used to her and her style/expectations. Do any of you have any tips or book titles to look up on some fun and effective ways to start-up an art classroom environment that is safe, respectful, collaborative, energizing...???????????
Thanks for your thoughts and assistance!
Emmy