[teacherartexchange] Art/Music Connections - Exhibit at MFA Boston

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 12:39:08 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Music as inspiration - art/music connection - is a frequent topic on
the art lists. Heather shared this link of interest:
Intersection of Music and Contemporary Art Captured in Seeing Songs at
the MFA, Boston
http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=11&int_new=31957&int_modo=1

Visual for the article is a Stuart Davis (who worked to jazz music) -
"Hot Still Scape for Six Colors 7th Avenue Style"

Wish they have more on their web site about the exhibit:
http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions/sub.asp?key=15&subkey=8387

If anyone views the exhibit, please post more about (pieces shown, etc).

On a side note, I viewed the George Tooker exhibit in Columbus (with
my friend Ann). If you are near Columbus, Ohio - this is a "must see"

George Tooker: A Retrospective
May 1 - September 6, 2009
http://www.columbusmuseum.org/view/index.php#Tooker

If you are not familiar with the work of George Tooker:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/tooker_george.html

Regards,

Judy Decker