Re: [teacherartexchange] New Art School

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 15:19:37 PDT

Woody -
that is wonderful news on both accounts. Our two older boys were able
to go to a Visual Arts magnet for high school. The high school was
downtown and had VA, Dance, Music, Set Design etc... it is also a
Math, Science, Technology magnet. The remainder of the school is
called HSU (High School University) - our third son is in HSU... it is
a great school, and well worth the commute. Our boys were very lucky.
The older two also attended the Governor's School for the Arts - a
three week program at a university.
Our boys would have been fine even if they didn't go to a magnet -
sometimes I think the kids that really need an Arts school are the
ones from small communities - often ridiculed because they are
different. I know of kids out in the state who were never able to
find themselves - because they didn't have the resources available to
them. (either in school or community.)
I hope your group of 17 finds success - and best of luck for the
School for the Arts -
Ellen