Re:[teacherartexchange] teaching simple digital photography

---------

From: Emmy Wood (naturehappens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 04 2009 - 09:35:10 PDT

I am also idea-ing for photo lessons- I will be teaching a digital photography class in a new virtual high school.  I'm not yet sure how much of the curriculum is pre-set, but it will definitly be interesting. Each student will have their own camera,and I was thinking about using Gimp at the end..  I love the found letter idea- there is a children's book out there- an ABC book that is all found letters- I'm gonna see If I can find it again (maybe "Architectural Alphabet"??) I was thinking of doing some of the lessons I did in college- one is a David Hockney style collage, a white on white, photo narrative and a thematic piece.  I have uber informative powerpoints that I could attempt to share if anyone is interested (they are from my professor and will need to be edited for classroom use- lots of information!). Thanks for the other links and ideas!
Emmy