[teacherartexchange] Framing a Watercolor

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 18:34:30 PDT

I framed a new watercolor today of my grand daughters. It's in an
ornate frame but in this case
I believe it complements the painting. Check it out in the frame:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/AngelsHanging.jpg
I titled the new watercolor "Angels in Training". It was based on an
old photo of the girls in
their dance outfits. Some plastic chairs behind them (in the photo)
which reminded me of
angel wings. I think I need to add some fantasy to more of my
watercolors. Let me know
what you think. I'm presently starting on a watercolor of Tiffanie
asleep at our house in
Albuquerque. The morning sun does not seem to bother this sleeping
beauty.
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/TiffAsleepLrg.jpg

Are you creating something now ? If so - you should post it for all
to see and comment on.
Frani is currently working on a balloon quilt. One of her more recent
designs is below:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/RedFlowerQuiltLrg.jpg
The flowers are much like a Georgia O'Keeffe painting of Amaryllis.
                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My Blog: