RE: [teacherartexchange] Schedule

---------

From: Peshette, Alix (apeshette_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 16:58:46 PDT

Hi,
I'm late to this discussion, but I totally agree with Jen in her
observation that the schedule isn't a problem for the administrator so
unless you protect yourself you will be used and abused. That schedule
is insane! I take it that you are doing art on a cart. The schedule
looks like it is a way for the administrator to say "See, we offer art"
with no concern for the quality of the program or the working
environment for the educator.

I don't know your circumstances, but I would recommend having a
supplemental authorization to teach another subject so that you have
some leverage in finding another job or restructuring the current one.

Let us know how this all plays out.

Alix E. Peshette (former junior high art teacher)
Instructional Technology Coordinator
Placer County Office of Education
360 Nevada St.
Auburn, CA. 95603 USA
530-889-5976
apeshette@placercoe.k12.ca.us
http://www.placercoe.k12.ca.us
http://edtechgoldrush.blogspot.com
http://del.icio.us/artfully

"Technology - opening minds with a new set of keys"

NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or agent
thereof, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any
use, dissemination, disclosure, forwarding, printing, copying, or any
action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the original message,
attachments, and all copies of the original message from your system.
Please note that any views and/or opinions presented in this e-mail are
Placer County Office of Education.
Finally, the recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. Although the Placer County Office of Education
has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this e-mail, it accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this e-mail or attachments.