Re: [teacherartexchange] Schedule

---------

From: jjennifer west (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 13:27:05 PDT

This looks horrible, and frankly, I left a job for a better one when I had a similar schedule. I can't speak for everyone as to what their schedules look like, but I can't operate with my head spinning as it looks like yours will be. I also don't know your administrator, where you are in the country, and how difficult/important it is for you to have a job teaching art, but these are all questions I had to ask myself when I found myself with this schedule. I finally decided to leave the job with the thought that if I didn't find a better job teaching art, I was ready to change careers. That was how strongly this schedule affected me. My administrator was CHEAP, and I was getting dumped on. It wasn't a problem for him and he wasn't interested in a solution. I can't say this is your experience, but the most important thing I got out of it eventually after much soul searching was that I was miserable, couldn't live with it, and needed to speak up for
 myself. I ended up leaving without another job lined up for the fall, and getting an amazing one. I am now very happy. Only you know the answers for yourself, but speaking up shouldn't get you fired or threaten to. Good luck!

Jen
Santa Monica, Ca