[teacherartexchange] whole brain development and art

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 04:43:46 PDT

What was said in regards to Dr. Victoria Stevens' work sounds similar to
what Daniel Pink talks about (in perhaps broader terms), in his book, A
Whole New Mind, which is also a very stimulating read. He has been making
presentations on the lecture circuit for quite some time and is in quite
high demand. The gist of his comments beyond the scientific information
supporting right brain / left brain functionality and the importance of both
in different arenas, has to do with how the importance of training the brain
to be able to engage in more creative thinking is becoming crucial for our
time. According to Pink, the Conceptual Age is in fact replacing the
Information Age which is the basis for this new focus on how we learn to
employ the brain in more artistic, imaginative ways.

Kevan