Re:[teacherartexchange] Artistic process

---------

From: christy hedman (christyhedman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2008 - 12:06:42 PDT

I have found that sketching on the back of the agendas during those painful inservices my district requires at the begining of the year (3 days worth!!!!) produces wonderful ideas. I have a few years worth of sketches I am still working from. When I'm feeling like I'm not making any artistic progress, I flip them over for a reality check- making art of any kind is progress compared to sitting through adminsitration meetings. Many times I have found some old sketches and much to my delight I will have already made something from that page! I am a potter/sculptor and it seems that I am always working the same themes and forms over a period of years. It is never intentional, I tend to work from my gut/heart. Wherever that path leads is where I go.

Christy
3 Dimensional Art
Deer Lakes High School
Russellton PA