[teacherartexchange] Elementary Art Books

---------

From: Karen Argus (mcaulays_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 14:59:43 PDT

If 'elementary' is 'primary', 4-12 years of age, RIC Publications has a
series of Teacher resource books on art, which focus on the work of
different painters and give you ideas to use in the classroom. The books
have large pictures and I have found them really useful for ideas. I
think these are the books. I'll post again when I get to school tomorrow
to confirm. By the way ... I have no commercial connection with RIC
Publications, they are just some books that I bought early on in my
teaching.

http://www.ricgroup.com.au/Prim-ed%20Aust/Art/0774classroomart.html

I'm the same as Lois, I write my own units, but mine are almost always
based on children's books or a particular illustrator.

All the best.