RE: [teacherartexchange] Artistic Process and Fear: Questions for the list

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 06:08:26 PDT

In order to work past my fears, I have found if I declare what my intent is "out loud" to anyone whose opinion matters, then in order to "save face" I actually have to do it! Case in point, for an upcoming exhibit I am challenged to produce a piece of artwork that will be seen by art educators around from my state. My plan was to design and make a puppet in the likeness of a certain famous tv artist. After mentioning my intent to a variety of people, well then, now I have to "come through" don't I? (It's almost done). I am fearful of everything quite frankly (ask my husband), but plow myself through everything, "declaring" along the way. When I look back at what I have experienced I am amazed. Oh, and by the way, cancer changes your perspective on fear....a lot.

San D