Re: [teacherartexchange] Artistic Process and Fear: Questions for the list

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 05:41:12 PDT

Several years ago some folks on this list recommended a book called
"Art & Fear." I finally checked it out from the library one summer and
thoroughly enjoyed reading it! The authors provide many insights on
this very topic.

                   Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                  Art teacher, K-5, retired

PS Since I retired 6 years ago, I have been taking classes at OSU in
printmaking and French. For the first time I started to learn
traditional lithography. What a challenge that process is!! My ideas
come from both drawing and photographic sources. I think the "fear
factor" kicks in when we are presented with deadlines and graded
evaluations. Fortunately, as a "60+ plus citizen of the State of
Ohio, I can take these courses tuition free, minus the grades, credits
or degrees.