[teacherartexchange] Pregnancy while teaching Ceramics - is it safe?

---------

From: MICHELLE MOLNAR (mmolnar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 16:05:11 PDT

Hello,

I will be teaching High School Ceramics (5 Ceramics classes) this Fall and considering getting pregnant in time for the baby to be born in the summer (if all goes according to plan, of course). Is it safe to be pregnant in that atmosphere of clay dust and toxic kiln fumes, or should I reconsider my plans? Have any of you been pregnant while teaching ceramics or know anyone who has?

Thanks!