Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] .wmv files on Apple computers

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 14:39:58 PDT

Michal and others who responded,
I received the .wmv video file by email. I opened it in Windows Movie
Maker...then saved it to my computer as an .avi file, and when I did this,
it increased the size from about 2 MB to about 285 it's too large to
send by email. I can't figure a way to compress it any smaller. Guess
she'll have to download some software to convert it.

Thanks for everybody's help and suggestions.

> .wmv files are the Windows Movie Maker default. If you are creating the
> video using WMM, click on "Save to My Computer" under "Finish Movie".
> Designate where you want your movie saved to, click "Next", then under the
> radio button "Best Quality for Playback..." click the blue "Show More
> Choices" link. Choose "Other Settings". I usually have my class select
> .avi since it seems to be compatible with everything we've needed it for.
> I'm not an expert, but this is what works for me. If you have an Apple you
> will need to find some type of .wmv converter.
> ~Michal

To unsubscribe go to