Re:[teacherartexchange] advanced ceramics

---------

From: christy hedman (christyhedman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 07:02:15 PDT

Hi,
Pottery Making Illustrated is a great source of techniques and artist profiles. They do many step by step images of process- great for the kids. I direct my Independent students to these for ideas. www.potterymaking.org
I order it through my school librarian- she has the budget for it, since she is supposed to be providing the current reading material for the school. I also get Ceramics Monthly- couldn't live without it! This spring there were some great posts about keeping dust down in the classroom. Check out the archives, you should be able to find them.

Christy
Deer Lakes High School
3 Dimensional Art
Russellton, PA