Re: [teacherartexchange] Team Learning

---------

From: Andrea Cope (acope239_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 20:52:24 PDT

I'll be teaching art and theater for the first time this fall - moving to high school after 10 years in elementary music. One of the things I'm most concerned about is my ability to set up a trusting atmosphere in each class so that we can do some cooperative work, much like you described. I know how to do that with little guys, but not teens, even though I'll be teaching many of my former students. I'd like to request a small sidebar. How do you create trust? What does your first day look like?
Andrea