Re: [teacherartexchange] Salt Glaze Pottery

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2007 - 11:36:46 PDT

Marvin, I knew I could count on you! We recently visited Williamsburg VA
where everywhere we went there were salt glazed pottery for sale. There is
the Williamsburg Pottery nearby that creates all the pottery for sale, and I
didn't realize it would entail new methods or I would have urged hubby to
take me. I purchased a small bowl that is gorgeous, but I couldn't find the
techniques for creating. I don't know if there are any nearby courses for
salt glazing, but I will have to look into it, if nothing more than for my
own personal curiosity!
~Michal