[teacherartexchange] Arts and Crafts for Elementary Teachers Online Workshop Starts August 6th

---------

From: Valerie Colston (artprofessor_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 12:24:23 PDT

Join other who have taken the
Arts and Crafts for Elementary School Teachers workshop online.
Recommended by others who have taken the workshop, the 4 week online
class offers an opportunity for networking, asking art questions to an
experienced art professors and gaining hands on and resources
materials that you can use in your own classroom in the Fall.

ART for the Elementary School Teacher Workshop

 Sign up and more information is at

http://www.artmuseums.com/art-elem-teach.htm

ART TEACHER on the NET workshop

August 6-September 3, 2007

4 week non-credit workshop

Join other elementary art teachers who have attended this recommended
art workshop.

Art for the Elementary Teacher gives practical tips, lesson plans,

and resources that make it easier to achieve your goals.

Recommendations from past participants:

I have broadened my perspective on teaching, and gotten a lot of ideas
on how to reach children. I would recommend the course to my
coworkers. It would be good for further professional development.

It has been great to share ideas with others and gain new information
that I can use in my art classes. The websites are extremely helpful,
and I am glad to add those to my resources. I am looking forward to
using the format for looking at a work of art to encourage my students
to really look at a work of art in a whole new way. There are many
questions to choose from that will provide prompts for students when
writing about art.

I like the ideas for integrating art with other content areas. This
appeals to a variety of learning styles and strengthens skills
students can use across the curriculum and throughout their lives. I
plan to use the resources from this workshop to incorporate more
lessons that connect to other subjects.

I've enjoyed making some of the projects and will be able to use those
as examples when I teach the lessons.

I am especially excited about the ideas for planning a year of art. I
like the thought of planning the whole year and knowing what
objectives the students will be working toward. This will help when I
order supplies and will help me coordinate the lessons with the
different grade levels.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and would definitely recommend
it to others. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

I would recommend this course to classroom teachers, since they so
often have the opportunity to add some hands on learning to the
lesson.

I would also recommend this class to art teachers as a review.

Whether you are an experienced art teacher or have no prior art
experience, this workshop is for you. No prior art experience is
necessary. This is a workshop for public, private, and homeschool
teachers-or anyone who works with children's groups and need art
projects ideas and advice.

This 4 week workshop is entirely online and facilitated by an experienced

art professor. It provides an opportunity for networking with others

with your similar interests and an art expert.

The workshop will cover:

Incorporating Art into Math, Reading, and Science

The Museum as Educator

Art Links that You Need to Know About

Bringing Art History into the Classroom

How to-Hands on Art Projects

Addressing Art Standards

Making Art Fun for Everyone!

The fee for the non-credit workshop is $35, which

includes enrollment in the 4 week workshop.

Contact:

Valerie Colston
Art Teacher on the Net
http://www.artmuseums.com/art-elem-teach.htm