[teacherartexchange] Removing oil stains from drawing and watercolor paper?

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 06:03:11 PDT

Rebekah, a friend of mine in England, recently sent some original ink
drawings and watercolors to Crystal, a friend of mine in Texas.
Unfortunately, Rebekah also sent some chocolates in the box with the
drawings. You can see where this is going...

While the chocolate didn't stain the drawings, per se, an oily residue did.
The stains are on the edges of the artwork, so in a worst case scenario,
Crystal can crop the drawings and watercolors, but she's hoping that someone
will know if there's ANY way to safely remove the stains. I have no idea
and told her I'd ask here.

I linked these two up a while back. Crystal is an author and Rebekah is an
illustrator. Their book has already gone to press using digital images of
the drawings and watercolors, but Crystal would love to be able to frame the
originals.

Does anyone know of a way that the oily stains could be removed from the
paper?

Thanks for your help!