[teacherartexchange] All School First Day Opening Activity

---------

From: Markwald, Sarah (smarkwald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 12:02:19 PDT

Hello all,
Our theme this year at school is "fairness," and our head would like to do an art project with the individual advising/homeroom groups on the first day back or an opening activity. I was thinking they could create some type of banner to hang in, or just outside of their classrooms.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for creating banners or some other type of collaborative project that could be done with groups of about 15 students at a time? These are 5th-8th graders, and they are giving us about 45 minutes. I was thinking that if they didn't finish completely, they could finish up at another time, but I know the teachers are looking for great results in very little time.
Any thoughts?
Sarah Markwald