re:[teacherartexchange] clown posting

---------

From: M Blue Horn (bluenbham_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 05:19:22 PDT

pardon my response to all, but i figure a little education doesn't
hurt anyone or anything...

um, clown phobias are a real thing and it's called coulrophobia
(although the latter is when it's to a huge degree). it is not a fear
of silly art teachers like yourself that dress up during the middle of
the day... it's a fear of freakish clowns like Stephen King's
Pennywise and the idea behind John Wayne Gacy and his clown facade,
not to mention his paintings. keep an open mind as an art teacher (i
hope we all are) and check out any search engine results of "evil
clown". personally i find paintings, statues of clowns, and those
types i've already mentioned quite disturbing. when i was a little kid
(like 5), a painting i'd done of a clown was hanging on my wall - one
night, it semed to come to life and i've detested clowns to this day.
so, without continuing this diatribe, fear of clowns is not rubbish.

more power to you if you have the acting chops of becoming a clown in
the classroom. er, clown on clowner.