[teacherartexchange] New synthetic concrete/resin material - lightweight

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 10:42:47 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I just received this advice from Susan. I thought I would pass it on
to the group.

Hi Judy,

.....to the discussion on the materials used to build a tree with, I
loved your comments about how to build the armature but there is a
synthetic concrete that is now on the market that is part concrete and
part resin which is light weight and can be sculpted very well to
create a chip proof surface to build from. I am in Florida and get
the product though Stardek out of Tampa Florida. To view the product
just go to their site at www.stardek.com and get the info you need and
then find a local distributor in your area. If that doesn't work for
you then you can just do a Google in your local area for concrete
distributors to find what you need.

Susan