Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] New synthetic concrete/resin material - lightweight

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 10:42:47 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I just received this advice from Susan. I thought I would pass it on
to the group.

Hi Judy, the discussion on the materials used to build a tree with, I
loved your comments about how to build the armature but there is a
synthetic concrete that is now on the market that is part concrete and
part resin which is light weight and can be sculpted very well to
create a chip proof surface to build from. I am in Florida and get
the product though Stardek out of Tampa Florida. To view the product
just go to their site at and get the info you need and
then find a local distributor in your area. If that doesn't work for
you then you can just do a Google in your local area for concrete
distributors to find what you need.

Thanks for sharing this with me Susan.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to