Re:[teacherartexchange] Technology in Art Education (and MET workshop)

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2007 - 06:49:45 PDT

Hello Della,

Two things: One my (old) school had no funding and awful technology ( a lab
with 12 broken down donated old dells and no one to maintain them) but I am
a bit of a geek and I did use alot of technology in my own room - on my own,
we produced a yearbook digitally, did power points and some photo
manipulation in Photoshop (one at a time on my computer.)

and: FYI: The Metropolitan Museum is (right this minute) offering an on-line
course for Art Teachers, it is SO cool. We are using Epsilen, we use a blog
format to respond to lessons, we all have portfolios to post our work and
there is a VERY cool chat/live interactive format that allows the instructor
to present material.

So far it has been really intriguing, the content is simple enough, but
using the technology is really wonderful. I have recognized 4-5 others from
this group, there are about 40 of using the group, I think.

Leah