Re: [teacherartexchange] Technology in Art Education

---------

From: Shayne Train (strain_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 21:23:03 PDT

Hi Della!

I'm in the middle of doing a teacher inquiry for Special Ed (an
on-line course) and my topic is how I can use Web 2.0 tools in my art
classroom. The project is due next week and then I'm going to post it
to the web.... I will e-mail back again once I do. I teach art and
computers to a really mixed-ability classroom but they all love the
internet, so I'm going to try and get them blogging and creating
wikis instead of the usual pencil and pen stuff.

I saw a great (non-art) blog where the teacher invited guests to the
class. The teacher would post a bio and pictures and then the kids
would ask all kinds of questions. The "guest" would then log on to
the blog and answer the questions. This would work well with a guest
artist! Many art teachers also do their own art, so we could do this
for each other!

Another idea would be for on-line art galleries to include students'
artists statements of reflections plus a "guest book" (either through
blog comments or Flickr. Also having the students figure out relevant
tags, eg. media, subject, etc. is a great way to reinforce vocabulary.

OK, should get back to work on my inquiry project :0

Shayne