Re: [teacherartexchange] What software for PC's works like iMovie? Claymation

---------

From: Miriam Tobola (Miriam.Tobola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 16:24:00 PDT

Microsoft makes a movie program called MovieMaker that is the pc version
of iMovie. I have been using MovieMaker for about a year and a half. It
works fairly well, although it's not quite as intuitive as iMovie.

I have used a program called Stop MotionMaker with my animation classes.
My students use a webcam to record frames into SMM, then import the frames
into MovieMaker to add transitions, credits, music, etc. The program is
available online for about $29.

Someone had originally told me about a free software called Stop Motion
Animator (which is free online). The problem I ran into was that once it
was downloaded there were some files that it imported that weren't
available on the student side at our school. Hence, the move to Stop
MotionMaker. As far as I can tell, the two programs are quite similar to
each other.

Anyway, some possible suggestions for you. Good luck!

:)Miriam in North Dakota