Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Sculptors - sites to visit

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 10:46:38 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Folks are often looking for contemporary artists to share with their units.
Check out these sites Sean posted to Net Gold list (and notes that I added)

16a. Sculptors
    Posted by: "Sean Grigsby"
    Date: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:43 pm ((PDT))

Bathsheba Sculpture
(I already have link to this sculptor on my Sacred Geometry links page)

George W. Hart
(link already on my Sacred Geometry links page)

Foon Sham
(wonderful bio-morphic works with wood - TAB folks will like his work
too - set some images in your wood blocks center. See the scale

John Ruppert
(uses a number of materials - including chain link fencing- see work
at a glance: )

Oldenburg and Van Bruggen
(site does not allow use of images - exercise Fair Use).

Jake Webster
(use caution with this site - preselect images you wish to use. I will
not be linking this site. Some titles objectionable - African American

Emanuele De Reggi
(unusual figurative work and more)

Heath Satow
(quite a variety of work. See the Zoo series - slightly abstracted
animals kids will love)

Boaz Vadia
(stonework and broonze - abstract figures)

Sean Henry
(very realistic bronze figures)

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department