[teacherartexchange] Sculptors - sites to visit

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 10:46:38 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Folks are often looking for contemporary artists to share with their units.
Check out these sites Sean posted to Net Gold list (and notes that I added)

16a. Sculptors
    Posted by: "Sean Grigsby"
    Date: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:43 pm ((PDT))

Bathsheba Sculpture
http://www.bathsheba.com/
(I already have link to this sculptor on my Sacred Geometry links page)

George W. Hart
http://www.georgehart.com/sculpture/sculpture.html
(link already on my Sacred Geometry links page)

Foon Sham
http://www.foonsham.com/
(wonderful bio-morphic works with wood - TAB folks will like his work
too - set some images in your wood blocks center. See the scale
models).

John Ruppert
http://www.art.umd.edu/people/JRuppert/portfolio/HomePage.html
(uses a number of materials - including chain link fencing- see work
at a glance:
http://www.art.umd.edu/people/JRuppert/portfolio/PAGES/TableofContents.html )

Oldenburg and Van Bruggen
http://www.oldenburgvanbruggen.com/
(site does not allow use of images - exercise Fair Use).

Jake Webster
http://www.jakewebster.org/
(use caution with this site - preselect images you wish to use. I will
not be linking this site. Some titles objectionable - African American
sculptor)

Emanuele De Reggi
http://www.emanueledereggi.it/
(unusual figurative work and more)

Heath Satow
http://www.publicsculpture.com/
(quite a variety of work. See the Zoo series - slightly abstracted
animals kids will love)

Boaz Vadia
http://www.vaadia.com/
(stonework and broonze - abstract figures)

Sean Henry
http://www.seanhenry.com/news.php
(very realistic bronze figures)
Enjoy,