[teacherartexchange] Magnetic Construction Toys are DANGEROUS

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 06:59:28 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know many of you like to have "cool" toys in your art rooms.
Check out the New York Times article about Magnetix.

From Kathy Douglas (posted to TAB Choice list):

I hate to sound a sour note here, but we have discussed cool
construction toys to put in our choice centers. One that seemed
useful is called Magnetix...it always sounded intriguing to me...

A close reading of today's Sunday New York Times changed my mind:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/business/yourmoney/15magnet.html?ref=business

These toys, made by Rose Art (of the mediocre crayon and marker
world) can be very dangerous. Just thought I would mention it...if
they were in my art room they would be wrapped up and in the dumpster
tomorrow.