Re:[teacherartexchange] Student Gardens

---------

From: Marybeth Bortzfield (zbort_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 06:25:53 PDT

Thank you Michal! Your ideas are very helpful, and the safety issue is one
I considered but apparently my Principal has created one in the past so I'm
assuming he knows (?).

I have to ask, what product did you use for the stepping stones? I live
in South Jersey so cold winters and blistering summers are a weather factor.
I've never worked with concrete, (other than mosaic tiling) but I'm willing
to try and learn! Did you seal the trash cans after painting? What would
be best to use?

I love the idea of plant markers made of clay, and I make clay wind chimes
with my 3rd graders.

I found a great link on the web for anyone else who is into creating a
student garden (Judy I hope I'm allowed to do this)
 http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/kindergarden/kinder.htm

Regards,
mb/a.k.a. research junkie