Re: [teacherartexchange] nudity in art teaching US vs Europe

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 19:04:35 PDT

My nieces and I went to Holland. I wanted to show them the home country and they were more upset about speedo's on men at the beach than they were the toppless women.
 While visiting the museum in Rotterdam there was an exhibit on Keith Haring. While walking through it was clear his art is highly censored for student publications. I was not prepared for the graphic nature of his work. My Niece Danielle (Age 12) wrote in her travel journal that evening "I have never seen so many penis's in my life!"
Oh well :-)
Renee