Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Student Gardens

From: Marybeth Bortzfield (zbort_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 10:16:11 PDT

Hi All,

I just had an informal meeting with my new Principal and he has some
exciting future plans for our elementary school (K-5).

One idea he focused on was installing a student garden with public artwork.
I do not have any experience creating a public garden, can anyone offer some
ideas to me please? Materials used, basic plan, etc. He has a sculpture
background (yeah!) and he mentioned found object sculpture.

In addition to that I'm thinking mosaic benches, a path with student made
stepping stones, butterfly garden, bird-bath, my Principal mentioned a
pond - possibly rocks to sit upon to write and draw. I don't know how big
he is thinking but I want to have some ideas sketched out before September.

My mind is filled with images, but I'm not sure how to make them all work.

Thanks for the ideas!

To unsubscribe go to