RE: [teacherartexchange] Art History Curriculum

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 02:59:40 PDT

Hi Everyone
  Speaking of museums I am in the middle of a workshop called Connecting
Collections, where art teachers get to work with the education departments
of the MOMA, Met, Guggenheim, and Whitney. On Monday we were at the MOMA,
yesterday the Met and today we will be working at the Guggenheim. We analyze
pieces of artwork (by actually seeing the piece) (focus this week is theme),
and then break out into groups and discuss some more. We have been writing,
drawing and doing various exercises that we can bring to our students.
Excellent workshop, recommend to all. There are 40 art teachers from all
over the US, Mexico and Canada. At the end of each day each museum tries to
out do the other by handing our "parting gifts".

  Gotta run, catch an early train to get into "the city".

  San D