Re: [teacherartexchange] Art History Curriculum

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 09:57:50 PDT

Greetings Clare,

I doubt you will find anyone who can hand over their Art History
curriculum (smile).
Hours - days - weeks - have gone into preparation.

Here are some helpful resources:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_art.html
Download the pdf file - there are suggested resources.

http://www.phschool.com/advanced/lesson_plans/art_stokstad_1999/
check out these lessons.... to go with the Art History text by Marilyn Stokstad.

Get your hands on Crystal Productions catalog and Art Video World
catalog. You will find many posters and videos from which to choose. I
really like the Sister Wendy series for history of painting... but
some don't care for her.

Of course, Chris Witcombe's links are an excellent resource, too:
http://witcombe.sbc.edu/ARTHLinks.html

and Metropolitan Museum of Art timeline:
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/splash.htm

You might also find this resource helpful:
http://www.art-design.umich.edu/mother/

You might consider teaching in themes....
Great Themes:
http://GreatThemes.notlong.com

Here is another good resource from National Gallery of Art:
http://www.nga.gov/education/american/aasplash.htm
Exploring Themes in American Art - Abstraction, the figure, historical
subjects, landscapes, still life, portraits, narrative art and so much
more.

You can carry those themes across cultures and time periods too.

Additional Art History links:
http://www.besthistorysites.net/ArtHistory.shtml

Kevan Nitzberg is an "expert" in high school art history.... If you
still need help after viewing the resources listed, let me know and I
will contact him.

Regards,

Judy Decker