Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Art History Curriculum

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 09:24:24 PDT

> Any ideas where I can find a curriculum for
> teaching art History to High
> School students? I hate to reinvent the wheel.
> Thanks all.
> Clare in Santa Clara, CA.

Are you looking for textbook suggestions, video
series, print series. The possibilities are varied.

I use a combination of textbook information, video
series, DVD's and prints. I have a semester long Art
History class that focuses on periods in art and art
movements along with cultural art . The class also
works on projects that help students better understand
periods/movements and cultures.

Jeff (Minnesota)