Re:[teacherartexchange] Art Bus Help

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 08:21:10 PDT

Go to the Incredible Art Department for Ideas. Also
reread some age development books and think of what
artists you could explore that will zone into the
students' age needs. I like Matisse, Rousseau, Van
Gogh, Faith Ringgold, G Moses and various other people
and people groups for younger grades. I have other
favorites for older grades. I try to do looking at
famous work and reading a painting etc. I use treats
to reward good memory..which they all have for a small
gummy bear or tootsie role. I know there are many who
say no no to this. But boy does that get them to want
to participate in activities that are a little less
hands on for a few minutes. They love drawing
outside, doing observational things. Also using their
imaginations and coming up with fantastic imagery from
their own minds. This is so much more accepted with
the wee ones. (I teach high school also and the little
ones are so much more ready to show off their own
ideas) They love Alexander Calder and creating mini
line animals out of pipe cleaners and found objects.
Takes very little space.
Susan in ohio