Re: [teacherartexchange] The Amazing Art Bus...

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 08:08:11 PDT

Will you be parked at each school for the day?
If so perhaps you could store water in jugs for
painting. Dump the old in a bucket system. If you had
a cart with wheels you could transport it back and
forth to a custodian room? I know this sounds like a
lot of work, but for small watercolors, or tempera
painting probably will work. Perhaps on dry days you
could work out a clothes line system outside the
bus..Or students carry wet paintings to dry back at
their classroom in the hall on newspaper. It will be
a challenge. But I am amazed at how quickly art
teachers come up with inventive solutions.

I store my paints as a set in 2oz plastic cups with
lids. I place them on a student foam meal tray and
slip them in a ziplock bag. They stack and store
conveniently in a plastic tub,or cardboard box. I have
2-4 students share the tray. All kinds of methods will
come to mind as you start working in your space.
Best to you!
susan in Ohio