[teacherartexchange] Art Bus Help

---------

From: Amber Ritchie (aritchie88_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 12:44:57 PDT

I am changing jobs and I need some help. I have been in a middle school for
five years and now I am moving to a different town and I have taken an
Elementary position. I will be at three different elementary schools and
one severe and profound school, one for each day of the week and then all
day planning on Friday. Rather than a cart at these schools, I have a
school bus that has been modified to have 14 work stations. I will go to a
different school and park each day and the students will come to me. I see
the students for 45 minutes every other week. I have extremely limited
storage on the bus (basically only what is under the students desktops) and
no water source.

I am trying to begin lesson planning but I don't know where to start with
lower elementary or special needs kids in the first place and now the added
challenge of the restrictions of the bus, I am at a true loss. Is there
anyone who can offer some suggestions about space management or Elementary
and Special Needs curriculum or lessons in such a sparse setting with so
little face time with the kids?

Thanks for any words of wisdom!
Amber